Monday, March 10, 2008

My Blogging Experiences

I have been blogging for almost ten weeks now and I have really enjoyed it. I choose to blog about my daughter “Gracie”. That was a fairly simple topic to blog about because there is always something new going on everyday. I mentioned everything from just hanging out outside to her birthday party.
I also really liked to read my blog post comments that I would receive every week from my class mates. I think that some of my comments really inspired me to write more. There were a few classmates that commented on my blogs every week. Truth Perceived and New life were two people that commented on my blog the most. Truth Perceived told me that he really enjoyed reading my posts and that really made me feel like I was doing a good job with my blog posts. It made me feel good that someone like to read my writing, considering that I do not think that I am a very good writer.
I thought that it was really nice to have an assignment a blog due every week. That definitely kept me on a writing schedule, which was not too bad I actually. It gave me time to think about a new event that had occurred in the past week. If there was not a assignment due every week I think that a lot of my class mates would loose focus on their topic and therefore not be as motivated to write on there blog.
For my writing to be public meaning “on the internet” was a little bit of a challenge for me, because I had to watch what I said and whose name I mentioned. I did not even use my daughter’s real name just for security purposes, same as with the photo’s that I choose to use. I did not want any thing crazy to happen like Gracie’s or my identity being stolen. I know that sounds a little crazy but you never know what could happen. But overall my experience with blogging in this class in the past ten weeks was very fun and enjoyable, interesting.

2 comments:

Cap'n Fatback said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cap'n Fatback said...

Zeek--

This is some of your strongest writing on your blog to date. Keep pushing yourself. The more your write and read, the more you are learning. I hope you keep this up.