Tuesday, February 12, 2008

~Ryan and Gracie~


So Gracie went to a new baby sitters today. His name is Ryan. Yes a guy, believe it or not. He is my boyfriend and offered to watch her so I took him up on it. Plus he only lives two houses down from where I work so it is not very far if he needed me. Ryan did very well, and now Gracie loves him. It is a win win situation. I stopped by after a delivery unexpectedly and saw them sitting on the couch with Ryan reading her a book. It was so cute they were all cuddled up in the blankets reading books, and watching the television. I asked if they were okay, then I left and went back to work. Ryan said that they were just fine.

I knew that Ryan would more than likely be all right because he has a little brother. But, I also knew once that poppy diaper came along that would be the challenge. So I got off work 9:45pm or so and when I was pulling out of the parking lot, I saw Ryan and little pink ball, which that was Gracie in her snow suit. He got her all bundled up just for me to change her diaper. It was defiantly cute. The first thing that I said to him was “does she have a poppy diaper”? He replied “yes”. For some reason I knew it he said he thought that he could handle it, until he got some of that nice, smelling goodness on his finger. That was very funny, not just for him to say, but for any guy. All I can really say is that at least he tried, that is a lot more than most. So needless to say he did very well, and I am so proud!

9 comments:

zx6rider said...

That is very cool. Ryan sounds like a good guy to have around. I think I will be going through some similar situations soon. I'm not a fan of the poop.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Anyone who is down to help out with kids has to have a big heart. personally i enjoy kids but i know there are plenty of people who don't. haha i agree with the poop, not a fan.

ForwardThought said...

Sounds like you have a keeper. Not to many guys are willing to watch a child, unless the guy really likes you, but maybe he is really a good guy, and he just enjoys children. What ever the reason it is all good and I commend him for it and I am sure it rubs just fine with you. Good luck, I hope the relationship works out for you guys. When something seems like a good thing, you never know, it might be.

Spartan117 said...

I have to say it sounds like you have yourself a good man there. I know lots of guys who dont wanna deal with watching a baby let alone changing a poopy diaper. good for you and Gracie that you have someone who will split the baby watching with you i know its a hard thing to do.

Spartan117 said...

i hope Gracie has all that she needs but if you cant find gently used baby items go here http://www.ouac.com/

dearthvader said...

thats why i can't have a kid. can't handle cleaning up poop.

ForwardThought said...

Hey zeek, check the comments on my blog--Simple Truth. Have a good weekend.

Cap'n Fatback said...

Zeek--

Well done, very expressive, nice detail. The next trick will be working on the grammar here ("poopy" diaper). Also, the way you have the sentence written, it seems as if you left before Ryan told you whether or not things were okay.

How long have you and Ryan been going out? It's not every boyfriend who would be willing to babysit after a short time.

What were you delivering?

Alyssa S. Gartner said...

That was totally heart-warming. I think that was so sweet, especially when you said you seen him reading Gracie books, watching television, and snuggled under the blankets with her. If this isn’t your boyfriend yet, then what are you waiting for? I think that if he accepts the fact that you have a kid, and is willing to help baby sit while you’re working, that’s really cool.