Tuesday, February 26, 2008

~Gracie's Big Day~


My mom had taken Gracie to church with her so as soon as she got home I spent a few minutes with her then laid her down for a nap. As she was sleeping I was getting a shower and getting my self ready. Ryan wanted me to make something to eat so I thought that I would make fettuccine alfredo with shrimp and mushrooms, and oh my it was to die for. So I got Gracie and I all ready then went to pick Ryan up and headed to the store to buy some noodles and alfredo sauce. We got back to Ryan’s house and as I started to make a brunch Ryan fully volunteered to watch Gracie so I could cook.
It felt like I was in a soup kitchen, it was scorching hot and I had mad enough noodles for an army. Finally I was done making the fettuccine alfredo and mixed veggies. Ryan had to soon go to work. About a half an hour went by and Gracie and I decided to go down to the pizza shop. It was horribly busy, but I could not do anything to help because I had Gracie with me. Gracie and I just hung out in the lobby, as Gracie greeted everyone that entered the door. We were finally done waiting for Ryan. All of us went back to the house and watched a movie Heart Break Kid, which was hilarious. Gracie started to get grumpy because she was tired. She had worn us out with all the running. After the movie was over Gracie and I went home and had a good night sleep.

2 comments:

ForwardThought said...

I have really enjoyed reading the happy everyday situations you and your daughter experience. I believe the best parent is the parents that are involved and enjoy the company of their children and as I can see you are sure doing that. I am sure one day Gracie will say, " I had a great mom."

Cap'n Fatback said...

zeek--

I wonder if you are ready to writes posts that make some general observations about motherhood. While the daily narratives are getting stronger, I'd like to hear more about your ideas and theories about being a mom.