Sunday, January 13, 2008

True Friends


Today I am choosing to take a little different path on this blog. True Friends are hard to come by and few that are true. There are very few out there that are really real. I have met many people in my time so far and there are only a hand full that are still around after all that has happened in my life. And those few sometimes make me wonder if there even those friends that I thought they were. You know when you call a friend and you really need to talk to them, and you leave a message and they never call back. Yeah I guess that should say a lot in it's self.

If that was the case no one would be a true friend. People always have some excuse there busy blah blah. Well how can you be so busy that you cant take two minutes to call someone and say are you okay, or what going on, or can I call you later? That's ridiculous! And people want to know why it's hard for me to trust people. Or you can tell your supposed to be friend something really secret or important, and they tell someone. Or what have you. It's all bullshit to me.

You can't trust any one sometimes not even yourself. And that's when you know it's scary, or you try so hard to trust someone again and they just do the same old thing, betray you. Even family, people are people and they will do what they will. I can't say that I have always been the great friend. I know I have let two people that I am thinking of right now down and, I wish I didn't. But from everything that I have done and experienced I think that I try to be the good friend but you know every body is just too busy or infatuated with themselves that they just don't see or care. Grammar and punctuation corrected.

5 comments:

zx6rider said...

I think that you're right about this. I find that people like to be friends when its convienient for them. Out of all of the friends that I have, only two of them I could count on if I ever needed anything. Just keep those that are closest to you and the others are association. That is pretty much why I created a myspace page. Its mainly for all of the people I associate with but thats about it.

ForwardThought said...

Never give up, there are still good people out there, they are just harder to come by, hope is what keeps us together, don't give up. And no matter who or what burned you in the past, keep you head up, and always remember, "What goes around comes around," it goes both ways.

Anonymous said...

i agree its pretty hard to come by great friends that you know will always have you back. I agree with anthony mason that there are still good people that are out there, and that is what college is all about meeting new friends. yes don't give up.

Cap'n Fatback said...

Zeek--

Okay, we've talked about keeping this blog focused on one topic, since you've written this. The bigger issue here is grammar. While it's okay to use informal language, you will need to strive to work on proofreading for sentence boundaries and confused terms (e.g., "they're" and "there," "ridicules"--a verb--and "ridiculous"--an adjective). You'll also want to work on writing more complex sentences (sentences with dependent clauses), like those we discussed in class. And remember in the future to look for paragraph breaks.

3/5

Alyssa S. Gartner said...

I have to agree with you 100 percent. You really do find out who your true friends are when you get f***ed over. Trust me, been there done that, and f***ed a few people over myself. Not all people are bad, you still can be acquaintances with people just really watch who you trust.